6.22.2015

Ham, Vegetable & Cheese Scramble

If you're following this blog, you probably know I like to start my day off with an Open-Faced Ham & Egg Sandwich. This morning was a little different though. I started another round of the 21 Day Fix today, so instead of waking up & enjoying my usual breakfast with a cup of coffee, I got my workout in early & followed it up with a S'mores Shakeology (delicious recipe coming soon!), so that used up 1/2 of a yellow container. I get 3 a day & I like to use one at breakfast, one for lunch & one for dinner to keep my energy up.

So for my mid-morning meal (since I eat 5 or 6 times a day) when I usually have my shakes, I made an egg scramble packed with veggies & topped with cheese instead. While I was cooking it, I thought it was going to be all runny from the tomatoes, but it was tasty! I'll definitely be making this more often.


Recipe

Serves 1
  • 1 tsp Coconut Oil
  • 1 Large Egg (preferably free-range)
  • 3 slices Nitrate Free Ham, diced
  • 3/4 cup Fresh Spinach, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp Fresh Tomato, diced
  • 2 Tbsp Cheese, shredded
Directions
  • Over medium heat, melt the coconut oil in a small frying pan.
  • Scramble the egg & a splash of water in a bowl & add the chopped spinach, diced ham & diced tomato. Stir to combine.
  • Add egg mixture to the pan & cook until spinach is wilted & ham is warmed through.
  • Plate your scramble & sprinkle with cheese.
  • Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment