6.04.2015

Grab & Go Ham & Egg Muffins

So now that school's out for Summer, I decide to make a super easy protein packed breakfast for the morning. Makes sense right? Well, at least I have an idea that will be fast & healthy in the fall!

I've been eying similar recipes on Pinterest for a while & I'm glad I finally decided to make these. They're so easy (of course) & you can add any vegetables that you have at home. I used a red pepper and fresh spinach, but broccoli or sweet potatoes would be delicious, too.


Recipe

Serves 4  (3 muffins per serving)
  • 6 Eggs
  • 12 slices Nitrate Free Ham
  • 1 cup chopped Bell Peppers
  • 1 cup chopped Fresh Spinach
  • 1/4 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, optional
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375*.
  • Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. I found a coconut oil spray at the store that I love!
  • Scramble the eggs in a bowl, add vegetables & stir.
  • Place one slice of ham in each muffin tin.
  • Pour egg mixture inside of each slice of ham, about 3/4 full & bake for 15 minutes.
  • Add cheese if desired & bake for 10 additional minutes.
  • Serve immediately or allow to cool enough to handle, pop muffins out & store in refrigerator. 
  • To reheat, warm in the microwave for 1 minute.
21DF: 1 Red, 1/2 Green, 1/2 Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment