6.27.2015

S'mores Shakeology

It's officially summer! We've been waiting for warm weather for quite some time now & it's finally here. We're pretty spoiled because we have 2 cottages that we can visit during the summer that offer us completely different types of fun. My family's cottage is in Grand Haven, right on the busy strip where we watch this big boats go in & out of the channel, listen to loud music from the cars below & take a short walk to the beach to hang out in the sun & water.

My in-law's cottage is in Pentwater. It's situated on a hill overlooking the lake. There's a pool in the backyard, kayaks, motorboats & one of the boys' favorite - the fire pit! They beg for a fire each night & I secretly (or not to secretly since my in-laws know me well!) hope the guys in the family will build one so that I, too, can roast marshmallows for my favorite treat - S'MORES! I cannot resist them! Actually, I did resist them for the first time in my life at a friends' house a few weekends ago; I'm not sure what I was thinking...

Anyway, they're not exactly "fix-approved", so I thought I'd find something to fulfill my craving for them. This S'mores Shakeology drink is pretty darn good & tastes a lot like a s'more... in liquid form, of course. So next time we're up north, you can find me sipping on my Shakeo while the kids are stuffing their faces with the real thing. ;)


Recipe

  • 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology (I use Vegan)
  • 1/2 Whole Wheat Graham Cracker
  • 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1 cup Iced Coffee 
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • 1 cup Ice
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Directions
  • Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender & blend.
  • Enjoy!
21DF: 1 Red, 1/2 Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment