6.22.2015

Menu Monday - 6.22.15

Grilling season is in full swing! While it's been quite rainy here lately, it still means I get to cook outside while my boys run around & hunt whistle pigs, or do whatever little boys do. This week I'm going to focus on lots of grilled foods for our meals & I'll be planning on leftovers to eat for lunch. If I can remember to marinate the meats the night before and have vegetables chopped, the actual cooking of the meal is quite simple & quick.

This week, my older son is headed off to a "Mornings at the Marsh" camp at our local nature center which is just around the corner from our house. We often take a picnic lunch there to eat after they've run wild through the trails & in the creeks (picture "Where the Wilds Things Are"), getting out the loads of energy that I wish I could bottle.

On top of that, both boys are also starting a farm camp (with the cutest baby animals!!), which is one day a week. I'm planning on using that day as one of my prep days.  It's always a good idea to designate one or two days a week to shopping & chopping. The weekend is typically ideal, but in the summer we never know where we're going to be on the weekends & by Sunday night I'm usually beat after all of the sun & fun, that the last thing I want to do is think about what we're eating.

So, without further adieu, here is what we're eating this week:

Our Menu for the Week of 6.22.15





Friday - Grilled Flatbread Pizzas with Cauliflower "Breadsticks" & Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Saturday - Grilled Venison & Sweet Potato Sliders with a Tossed Salad & Fresh Fruit

Sunday - Rubbed & Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Broccoli & Whole Wheat Garlic Bread


Alright, I think I've covered all the different groups of protein! 

Check back for the recipes, or better yet, enter your email on the right side of the page to get them delivered to your mailbox! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment