6.26.2015

Cajan Jambalaya Grill Packets

After yesterday's sweet potato kebabs, I need a break from skewers. I just about lost a hand trying to poke those puppies. ;)

Have you ever cooked a meal using foil packets? I love them! They sort of remind me of a really quick-cooking crock pot or a one-pot meal. The mess is very minimal, making cleanup a cinch. And the way the flavors all meld together is delicious! I could do a whole series on foil packets, in the oven or on the grill, but today we'll focus on this tasty Cajun Shrimp Jambalaya.

My husband & I got married over 7 years ago on the beach in Key West. We stayed down there after our wedding to enjoy a mini honeymoon. Most of our guests left, except for my aunt & uncle who always love to have a good time! We ran through hurricane rains (well, not really) to find the best sushi restaurant on the island one night. On another day we sat in a dirt-floor restaurant not far from Mallory Square & ate the best jambalaya! I've only tried to make it once at home, so today we'll attempt a grilled rendition.


Recipe

Serves 4
  • 1/2 pound Raw Wild-Caught Shrimp, peeled & deveined
  • 2 All-Natural Chicken Sausage, sliced
  • 1/2 medium Red Onion, diced
  • 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeds removed & diced
  • 1 Rib Celery, diced
  • 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
  • 1 cup Brown Rice, cooked
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Directions
  • Fire up the grill & combine all ingredients in a large bowl. 
  • Fold 2-18" long pieces of foil in half; unfold & spray the insides with cooking spray.
  • Divide the mixture between the two packets. Fold foil to close & seal edges well.
  • Place packets on the grill & cook until packets are fully puffed, around 15 minutes.
  • Carefully cut open foil & pour packets into a serving bowl.
  • Enjoy! 
21DF: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green

1 comment:

  1. I need to start doing this. I have seen so many amazing foil packet ideas, but have never actually done one. It seems so easy! And the clean up can't be beat :-)

    ReplyDelete