6.24.2015

Grilled Sirloin Kebabs with Bell Peppers & Red Onions

What would a week of grilled dinners be without the staple steak & veggies? This meal is super simple, but delicious, nutritious & colorful! I love using peppers in meals because of the vibrant rainbow they add & my boys love picking out peppers in the store. Fun for all. ;)

In my opinion, if you buy a good steak, you really don't need to add much more to it other than a little salt & pepper. I prefer to cook with a lean choice cut sirloin over most other cuts, but if I order a steak at a restaurant, I'll take a NY Strip. Just a little something about me!

Anyway, on to the recipe:


Recipe

Serves 8 (because I like leftovers)
  • 2 lbs Sirloin Steak, cut into 2" cubes
  • 4 Bell Peppers (any color), cut into 2" square pieces
  • 1 Red Onion, cut into 2" squares pieces
  • 2 cups Pineapple, cubed
  • 1 cup Brown Rice
Directions
  • Thread steak, peppers & onions onto 8 skewers & season with salt & pepper. Thread pineapple on their own skewers.
  • Fire up the grill to medium-high heat & place kebabs, except the pineapple, on the grill to cook.
  • Cook brown rice according to package.
  • Turn skewers after 4 minutes. Turn 3 more times to grill all sides. Half way through add the pineapple skewers, & cook for a few minutes to bring out the juices.
  • Remove all kebabs & plate with brown rice & pineapple. I drizzled a little bit of balsamic vinegar on my steak for a pseudo steak sauce.
  • Enjoy!
21DF: 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Purple & 1 Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment