6.21.2015

Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp

I don't know about you, but I find it a lot easier to stay on track in the summer with grilled dinners.  We're usually grilling up lean meats & fresh veggies on the regular.  The only thing that gets me this time of year is the ice cream, something that was a lot easier to pass up before kids!

I made this shrimp dish with some grilled zucchini drizzled with a little EVOO and salt & pepper in our grill basket & a side of whole wheat orzo. Everyone cleaned their plates, but my oldest said with a smile on his face, "I love this shrimp! It doesn't really taste that great, but I'm gonna eat it all!!" The promise of homemade strawberry shortcake after swim lessons was enough for him to finish every last bite. For the record, I think it tasted great, but maybe that's because I love cilantro & anything citrus! I planned to use the leftovers in tacos with fresh mango salsa & avocados for my lunch the next day... until I came home that night and found my husband had eaten all of the rest of the shrimp.



Recipe

Serves 6
  • 1 pound Wild Caught Shrimp, shelled & deveined
  • 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
  • 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
  • 2 Limes, zest & juice
  • 1 tsp Garlic, minced
  • Salt & Pepper
Directions
  • Combine oil, cilantro, lime zest & juice, garlic and salt & pepper in a zip top bag. Add shrimp and flip bag upside down to mix marinade with shrimp. Marinate for 30 minutes.
  • Thread shrimp on skewers and grill over medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side.
21DF: 1 Red, 1 teaspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment