1.30.2015

Deconstructed Energy Balls

We've changed our eating habits quite a bit, especially since we've had our boys, but there's one thing I just can't give up: sweets!

They're my weakness, specifically baked goods, but nothing about a giant, warm cookie is healthy. So I've searched for alternatives to satisfy my sweet tooth without going overboard!

You may have seen recipes on Pinterest for "energy balls". We all love this idea in our house, but when I make a whole batch, I can't stop at one, and I defeat the purpose of a healthy treat. I've since realized that if I use these ingredients mixed in a single serving bowl, I won't break the calorie bank & exceed the sugar limit.


Recipe:

Serves 1

  • 2 tablespoons Old Fashioned Oats
  • 2 teaspoons Natural Peanut Butter (I love Costco's pb)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Raw Honey
  • 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
  • 1 teaspoon Miniature Chocolate Chips
 Directions:
  • Combine oats & peanut butter in a small bowl (like that cute one above from Target). 
  • Drizzle honey on top & sprinkle with coconut & chocolate chips.
  • Enjoy! 
21DF - 1/4 yellow, 3 Teaspoons, honey from "coffee bar", 1/2 Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment