2.04.2015

"Skinny" Shrimp Scampi with Cherry Tomatoes & Zoodles

When I'm planning our dinners for the week, I try to include a variety of proteins, not just a ton of chicken. I hope this helps our boys have an expanded pallet as they grow. Our older son loves shrimp & our younger one really enjoys "shish" (a.k.a. fish). I made salmon not that long ago, and the next day he told Grandma that we ate our fish & had to get new ones. Our Beta Fish! I'd love to know all of the thoughts that go on in his head! Either way, they always have to try what we make for dinner. I'm certainly not a short order cook.

A few weeks ago I bought several pounds of wild-caught shrimp when it was on sale, & then I forgot about it. While cleaning out the freezer, I figured I would use a pound to make something delicious - so Shrimp Scampi it is! One of my favorite ways to use zucchini is to make "Zoodles". My husband's actually not opposed to them, after almost passing them up. I have a simple spiralizer that I bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond for under $15 & it works great.


Recipe:

Serves 2 Adults & 2 Kids

Shrimp-
  • 1 pound Wild-Caught Shrimp, peeled & deveined
  • 2 teaspoons Avocado Oil
  • Juice of 1 Lemon
  • Salt & Pepper
Vegetables-
  • 2 Zucchinis, spiralized
  • 1/2 pint Cherry Tomatoes
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons Avocado Oil
  • Salt & Pepper
Directions:
  • Add oil to one pan & heat over medium heat. Add shrimp & fresh lemon juice. Flip shrimp after about 4 minutes, and continue to cook until no longer translucent. Season with salt & pepper.
  • At the same time in another pan, add the oil & garlic over medium-high heat. Add zoodles & tomatoes & cook until soft & tomatoes almost pop when stirred, approximately 5-7 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
  • Plate the zoodles & tomatoes & top with shrimp. 
  • Enjoy!
  •  
21DF - 2 Greens, 1 Red, 1 teaspoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment